Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Adventures in Mono

Last week I got my TwixT website working well enough that I decided it was time to share with the world. I developed it in C# and ASP.Net, with a MySQL database and a Silverlight 1.0 app to for interactive game play.

The idea behind the website was to make a place where people can play TwixT each other interactively, or play against the computer.

I had it working pretty well on my local computer but to go live with it I needed a web hosting provider. The first thing I needed to decide was whether to choose a Linux or Windows based hosting. I decided to go with Linux because it was a little cheaper and from what I had read about Mono, it had almost all of the features in .Net 2.0, plus I thought it would be interesting to try.

Read more about how I chose a web hosting provider and tried to get my site working on Mono.

No comments: